CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 3, 2013

LYM: Transportation 2

Each LYM designer had one layout featured in the book and accompanying ideas for three other topics. This was my featured layout...

My family loves to travel... near or far; happy or whiny; by plane, train, or car.

Years ago, I read an article where Tim Russert talked about traveling the world with his son, showing him different areas of the country, how people could be different but were really still the same. It resonated with me, and my husband and I set a goal for our kids to see all 50 states before they start college.

We live on the East Coast, so we've covered a lot already.... my oldest two kids have about 30 states each on their tally. We analyze maps and routes and activities to make the most of each of our trips. No lazy beach bums in this house (although, I really do think that sounds like heaven)!

We're a family on a mission!



(here's a pic of my two big kids in Times Square on our most recent trip.)

Happy travels!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Title: Around the World

Journaling: We've made it a priority to expose you kids to as many different areas pf the country (and the world) as possible. We'll never get to go around the world, but the goal is for you to see that the world is full of love and excitement and learning. All people are basically the same- worth getting to know. That's what I hope you learn from our travels!

Supplies: Basic Grey, Tim Holtz, (lots of scrap paper!); stickers: K & Company

Heather is a SAHM of three beautiful, though not always well-behaved, children. She has been scrapping since before adhesive was invented and is a DT member at Sketches: Creatively Yours. Please visit her blog at http://scrappingmomof3.blogspot.com.

0 comments: