This fortnight's challenge at Journaling Junkie is to document a big news story that you have lived through. I chose a layout from a few years ago (like you couldn't tell that by looking at it... LOL!) about September 11, as I was a direct witness to it...
I do need to go back and do an actual layout on the day itself with more detail, as there are other things that I'm now remembering and didn't include here.
This trip was originally planned for September of 2001, but then the terrorist attacks of September 11 changed the baseball game that we had tickets to.
On September 11, I was working in Arlington, VA and saw the smoke from the Pentagon attack after watching the Trade Center attacks in New York on TV. Joey watched as fire and rescue vehicles made their way to the city. I spent the afternoon watching military airplanes fly cover over the city from our apartment balcony. I had to tell my dad what happened because he had been golfing that morning. I cried for a couple of years every time footage of that day was shown on TV. I really thought we were going to die that day. I think most of the country must have thought so, too, because people were so much nicer for a year or so afterwards.
- Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
- I am Heather, a stay-at-home mom of 3 kids, ages 9 1/2, 7, and 3. I have been scrapbooking for about 9 years but I'm happy to say that my style has evolved quite a bit since the beginning. Most of my layouts are about the kids or our family, but I also treasure my scrapped recipes... it makes cooking WAY more fun! You can follow my blog by clicking "Follow" in the top left corner. Please leave me a comment letting me know that you stopped by so that I can return the favor. I can be contacted at hokieez AT yahoo DOT com .
My kids are the type to complain that they are bored, so I was proactive this summer, inspired by my medium DD's Girl Scouts badges, t...
Our 2012 Summer Bucket List: Badge Name - Description 1. An Apple a Day - No Sugar Day 2. ...
My medium child just turned 7. She decided six months or so ago that she wanted to have an American Girl party, so went the English tea part...
This post by Becky Higgins inspired me. I've been pondering over the words and what they mean for my role as a mother. I created thi...
A few weeks ago, we were the temporary owners of some caterpillars, then butterflies. My daughter loved every minute. This is the layout for...
Two years ago, I made a coupon book for each of the kids of little things that they could redeem on their terms. They think it was the best ...
I created this for my sister!
Have you seen Ali's new challenge at Sketches: Creatively Yours yet? You'll not want to miss participating in this one because ther...
This my last layout for S:CY . I've so enjoyed being on the DT there again. Otherwise I might not have done any scrapping at all! Please...
- ► 2012 (103)
- Notorious Adventure
- Soccer picture day
- SCY: Baby surprise
- Flutter by, Butterfly
- Love Grows Here
- July 4
- Memories of Cleveland Stadium
- Polkadot Door Inspiration Challenge
- Surly Model part 2
- Journaling Junkie: Big News Story
- More room plaques
- Smile plaque
- Birthday gift bag
- 4 Generations
- Family dynamic
- Happy Mother's Day!
- SCY: Fall fun
- Journaling Junkie: Rules
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2010 (134)
Powered by Blogger.