Does anyone else have the Sound of Music song in their heads now? No... just me?
The new challenge at Journaling Junkie is on your favorite things.
Because I turn 35 (gasp!) this month, I wanted to highlight 35 things about myself.
1. I am a die-hard HOKIE… loved my time at VT and can’t wait until my kids go there.
2. Speaking of kids, my kids are my favorite people in the world.
3. I was a music education major for two years before deciding that if I taught, I would never want kids of my own. I finished my finance major in two years so that I could graduate “on time” by taking several 21+ credit semesters (and I still never turned down the opportunity to go out for a beer).
4. The Melting Pot is my favorite restaurant.
5. I converted to Catholicism in 2001, and I am totally at home in the Church.
6. I miss living in D.C. I still read the Washington Post. And, no, the traffic didn’t bother me that much.
7. I miss working. I love that I decided to take a break to stay home with the kids, but I miss accomplishing goals and getting PAID.
8. I became a Democrat in college largely because my beliefs were more aligned with that party, but also because I didn’t feel, as a woman, that the Republican Party really cared if I was part of it or not.
9. I am addicted to chick-lit books.
10. My favorite drinks are a good Merlot, Mountain Dew, and Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino
11. I never learned to swim or ride a bike.
12. I am huge on recycling and try to buy only organic produce. I would love to buy almost all organic foods, but WOW would that be expensive.
13. We are only 13 years away from paying off our house, thanks to a great seller’s market when we left D.C.
14. I’m an optimist, and Joey is a pessimist… makes things interesting!
15. My first car was a wood-paneled station wagon. NO I didn’t buy it; it was the one that my parents allowed me to have almost-exclusive use of.
16. We live in a subdivision down the street from the house I grew up in. If you told me when I was a teenager that I would live here BY CHOICE as an adult, I would have never believed you.
17. I am a classic oldest child, and I still think my sisters had it easier than I did when we were growing up.
18. I use scrapbooking as a tool to document my family’s life. When I’m no longer here someday, they will have books of not only pictures, but my own love letters to them, to hold onto.
19. I love snow and complain about the heat every day of summer.
20. My least favorite chores are folding laundry and emptying the dishwasher.
21. I often have horrifying dreams about someone breaking into our house and have since I was a child.
22. I sing in the car. Loudly. And not very well.
23. I’ve been pulled over by the police for speeding five times and only received one ticket… on the day that I drove an hour and a half for a wedding dress fitting.
24. I’m a stickler about the kids’ bedtimes so that I can have some much-needed downtime at night. With each minute that goes by without them being ready, my patience wears thinner. As far as my bedtime, I usually am falling asleep by 10pm.
25. I have only my mom left before my in our branch of the family tree, and I think that just sucks.
26. I don’t like dogs. I was scratched on the face by a neighborhood dog when I was 3 and had to have stitches. I don’t remember it, but almost all dogs still terrify me.
27. First memory: riding big wheels on the sidewalk in front of our house with the twins from across the street; Second memory: the day we moved to Virginia from Ohio. I cried because I didn’t want to leave the “my” house, the only one I remembered.
28. I can take on a northern or southern accent depending on who I’m talking to… Born in Lancaster County, PA (no, my parents were not Amish), then lived in Ohio before moving here… wonder anyone can understand me.
29. I could eat strawberries and peaches every meal of the day, but I can’t stand strawberry or peach ice cream.
30. The night of Joey’s and my first official date, I was sick but went anyway.
31. Every big storm that we had when I was growing up, we slept in the living room because of a huge dead tree that was in the woods right beside our house (but not on our property; the owners refused to cut it down)
32. I hate that I can’t remember the last time I played my clarinet.
33. I got a black eye when I was 6 or so, sledding with the kids in our area… one of the teenagers sledded right into me.
34. I was seriously not happy when I arrived home from school the day that Kristen was born. My mom’s mom was there, and I wanted my Mommy.
35. Within a month of getting every hair cut, I wish I had let it grow out.
I used a Scrapdango kit for this one!
- Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
- I am Heather, a stay-at-home mom of 3 kids, ages 9 1/2, 7, and 3. I have been scrapbooking for about 9 years but I'm happy to say that my style has evolved quite a bit since the beginning. Most of my layouts are about the kids or our family, but I also treasure my scrapped recipes... it makes cooking WAY more fun! You can follow my blog by clicking "Follow" in the top left corner. Please leave me a comment letting me know that you stopped by so that I can return the favor. I can be contacted at hokieez AT yahoo DOT com .
My kids are the type to complain that they are bored, so I was proactive this summer, inspired by my medium DD's Girl Scouts badges, t...
Our 2012 Summer Bucket List: Badge Name - Description 1. An Apple a Day - No Sugar Day 2. ...
My medium child just turned 7. She decided six months or so ago that she wanted to have an American Girl party, so went the English tea part...
This post by Becky Higgins inspired me. I've been pondering over the words and what they mean for my role as a mother. I created thi...
A few weeks ago, we were the temporary owners of some caterpillars, then butterflies. My daughter loved every minute. This is the layout for...
Two years ago, I made a coupon book for each of the kids of little things that they could redeem on their terms. They think it was the best ...
I created this for my sister!
Have you seen Ali's new challenge at Sketches: Creatively Yours yet? You'll not want to miss participating in this one because ther...
This my last layout for S:CY . I've so enjoyed being on the DT there again. Otherwise I might not have done any scrapping at all! Please...
- ► 2012 (103)
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2010 (134)
Powered by Blogger.